Google Drive – new picker and shared drives support
Google Drive’s integration didn’t have all the functions our users needed, so our development team has been working hard for the past few months to completely rebuild our Google Drive integration.
– supports Freedcamp White Label
– shared drives (Team Drive) support – see below
– desktop application support (supported since version 1.6.28 which is available now)
– ability to customize and add new functionality in the future so we are not bound to Google interface
* in fact, much faster. Whereas Google’s picker is often slow and unresponsive, our picker, once files are loaded in the cache, will load almost instantly. Also, the search is much faster as we have all files loaded on the frontend, so the search is far faster than Google’s.
Shared drives (Team Drive)
Google shared drives (formerly known as Team Drives) are a new feature in Google’s G Suite. Unlike files in My Drive, files in shared drives are owned by the team/group rather than an individual. This table outlines the other differences between shared drives and My Drive. Freedcamp Google Drive integration supports Google shared drives on Business and Enterprise plans.